04-01-18 group discussion
Share a story about something being remade or restored and why seeing or being
a part of that experience was exciting.
After reading this story and experiencing what God does for Jesus and what God
through Jesus does from Mary, describe WHO God is. Assume you are talking to a
person that has never heard about God or Jesus or the resurrection. Based on this
story alone use adjectives or attributes to describe this God.
What does the resurrection mean for Jesus?
What does the resurrection mean for this world?
What does the resurrection mean for Mary (Miriam) and for you?
Why do you need power from outside of yourself to be remade, restored or
Have you tried with your own power and energy to remake yourself? How
did that go?
Why do you think God is committed to remaking and restoring us?
Why is it difficult and what do we need to often give up in order to be remade?
How specifically is God wanting to remake you?
How or in what area has the enemy gained ground in your life (ground that is not
his)? Fear, guilt, self-hatred, addiction, insecurity, anger…
How could you take a step toward becoming the renewed person that God
intends you to be? What would that step look like today?
What have you been labeled?
What is God’s new name for you?
Think hard and in community and prayer, figure out what you have settled into
that really is not a part of the you that God intended. Take a step toward allowing
the Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead to begin to remake you this week.
- Pray that you would believe in the resurrection and all that it means.
- Pray that false views of God would be replaced with a true view of God as the
- Pray that God would break off labels or “that” label and rename you.
- Pray that God would break the chains of guilt or grief or self-hatred as a result of
- Pray that you would experience the intimate and unquenchable love of “Your