Bookkeeper / Hr administrator
Reports To: The Bookkeeper/HR Administrator will report to the Executive Pastor
Job Overview: The Bookkeeper/HR Administrator will take care of all the day-to-day financial tasks, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliation and the management of bank accounts. To do well in this position you should have previous experience as a bookkeeper and extensive understanding of QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Excel.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Record day-to-day financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Process checks, accounts receivable and payable.
- Record weekly deposit in QBO and our Church management and giving software.
- Provide weekly cash flow statements.
- Manage bi-monthly payroll through outside payroll company, ADP.
- Reconcile bank accounts at the end of each month.
- Create monthly profit & loss statements.
- Produce quarterly board documents.
- Assist the Executive and Lead Pastors in the decision-making process by preparing budgets.
- Monitor financial transactions and reports.
- Assist Executive Pastor in contact negotiation and management.
- Maintain workplace privacy.
- Maintaining a smooth employee on-boarding process.
- Carrying out necessary administrative duties.
- Policy development and documentation.
- Formulates and recommends HR policies and objectives for the company on any topic associated with employee relations and employee rights.
- Manage annual open enrollment period.
- Arrange for distribution of plan summary materials and required notices, assist with communicating changes to employees and arrange for on-site representation by providers.
- QuickBooks Online Experience.
- Minimum High school diploma with experience in bookkeeping and HR.
- Excellent and professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets or similar data-entry applications.
- Capable of navigating google resources such as, Gmail, google drive, sheets, docs, etc.
- Ethical behavior.
- Experience in maintaining workplace privacy.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws.